how to get expression in midi

From: Dario Marrini
Subject: how to get expression in midi
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 17:07:30 +0100

Hi everybody,
 I'm trying to get a 'expressive' midi file, classical music ( I'm copying the Final from Beethoven's Leonora n.3 Ouverture);  I prefere to manage _expression_ marks separately from notes' body, so I created two voice contextes, one foe the notes and one for _expression_; each value n the notes' body is replicated as a 's' instance in _expression_'s body, but doing so I don't get any _expression_; if I put _expression_ mark into the notes' body I can hear crescendo and so on.
I really would maintain spearately the two fields, notes and expressions, so I ask if there is a way to get it.

Many thanks to all

Dario

Here the code (using Frescobaldi, Linux user on Mint 18.1) :

\version "2.18.2"

global = {
  \key c \major
  \time 2/2

}

violin_I = \relative c'' {
  \global
  % Qui segue la musica.
  %514
  r8\ppppp c g' f e d c b
  a' g f e d c b' a
  g f e d c' b a g
  f e d' c b a g f
  e'\cresc d c b a g f' e
  d c b a g f' e d
  c b a g f' e d c
  %521
  b a g f' e d c b
  a\mf g a b c d e f
  g, a b c d e f g,
  a b c d e f g, a
  b c d e f g, a b
  c c d e f g, a b
  c c d e f g, a b
  c c d e f g, a b
  c c d e f g, a b

}

expr_violin_I = \relative c'' {
  \global
  % Qui segue la musica.
  %514
  s8\ppppp s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s\cresc s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  %521
  s s s s s s s s
  s\mf s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
  s s s s s s s s
 }

\score {
  \new Staff \with {
    instrumentName = "Violino"
    midiInstrument = "violin"
  }
    <<
      \new Voice = "violino_I" { \violin_I }
      \new Voice = "espress" { \expr_violin_I }

  \layout { }
  \midi {
    \tempo 2=144