Re: systems-per-page = 3 ... except on first and last pages?

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: systems-per-page = 3 ... except on first and last pages?
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 15:17:31 -0700 (MST)

Trevor Bača-2 wrote
> Hi,
>
> I'm using ...
>
>     systems-per-page = 3
>
> ... in the \paper block of a current score.
>
> However, the big block of title text on the first page makes three systems
> cramped. (Two would be better.) Correspondingly, fewer measures of music
> on
> the last page makes each of the three systems on the last page too short.
> (Again two systems would be better.)
>
> Is there an (inline) way to override the effect of systems-per-page on
> only
> select pages?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Trevor.
>
> --
> Trevor Bača
> www.trevorbaca.com
> soundcloud.com/trevorbaca

Hi Trevor,

A while back someone had a similar question I think, something like a wish
for:

%%%
\paper {
  systems-per-page = #5
  systems-on-firstpage = #4
  %{ -- this is if the last page would not be fully filled
  systems-on-lastpage = #3
  ragged-last-bottom = ##t
  %}
}
%%%
------
Link:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/systems-per-page-td158603.html

I believe David's bars-per-line-systems-per-page-engraver2.ly can help you,
if I understand correctly.
I think it's what you are after...

See here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-12/msg00775.html