Re: Replicating chord slurs

From: Joel C. Salomon
Subject: Re: Replicating chord slurs
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 13:00:32 -0500

On 2017-01-05 1:04 PM, Thomas Morley wrote:
> setting spanner-id via \=... has still some shortcomings.
>
> In _this_ and only this case I'd go for a complete stencil-rewrite,
> tailored at mass (every bow starts/ends at same height.

Nice!  I can see where this has its weaknesses too: it wouldn’t work if
the two chords weren’t approximately at the same height, but it’s
perfect for this case.  Thank you.

(Now I have to make an editorial decision whether to keep this, or to
use standard LilyPond chord slurs––i.e., just one single slur curve––and
be consistent throughout the project.)

Question about the code, though:  I can kinda-sorta follow what it’s
doing, or at least I can figure out where in the reference manual to
look up the details.  But whence the numbers 0, 1, 2.4, & 3.7?  Are
these trial-and-error numbers?

––Joel C. Salomon