Scheme / Lilypond question

From: Jay Vara
Subject: Scheme / Lilypond question
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 20:26:05 +0000

1) Is it possible to define a variable as a piece of music:

jj = g16 \3 ( f e f)

The idea is, in the music I am working on the note F is sometimes replaced by the above [and similarly other notes]. Perhaps a scheme function may be needed for this?

2) When I am specifying the guitar string the note is to be played on, it turns out I need to specify it for each and every note. Is there a way to specify it easily? Say,

StrThree { g16 (f e f)} would mean all the notes should be played on string three.