Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 10:34:12 +0100

Am 07.01.2017 um 10:20 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
>> Unfortunately I ran into this very issue, changing from Debian
>> stable (in the Linux Mint Debian Edition incarnation) to vanilla
>> Debian testing. I did this because the PyQt5 packages in stable are
>> too old to run current Frescobaldi from its Git repository.  Now
>> that I managed to get Frescobaldi running again I can't build
>> LilyPond anymore because in Debian testing I don't have guile 1.8
>> anymore :-(
>>
>> For working *with* LilyPond it's not much of an issue to use the
>> releases, but I can't work *on* LilyPond right now ...
> Mhmm, compiling and installing guile 1.8 is not rocket science...

Probably not, but ...

> Have you tried that already?

... i am not familiar enough with all this packaging stuff to be
confident about installing alternative versions to system installed
packages ...

Where would I find suitable documentation or tutorials to do so (doesn't
have to be explicitly about Guile 1.8 vs. 2 of course)?

URs

https://openlilylib.org
http://lilypondblog.org