Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 14:11:31 -0200

Hello,

> I already had the vague thought how much work it might be to explore
> other scheme-dialects, adjust whole lilypond to use them and drop
> guile entirely.

For info, someone claimed on irc (#guile, freenode) that he/she is closed to
compile/use lilypond using guile-2.1:

        https://gnunet.org/bot/log/guile/2017-01-05

        [12:44:11]      <ArneBab>       for the first time in several years, I
        can use lilypond (on Guile 2.1) to compile my infinite hands sheet
notes!

On this same guile log, further below, you may follow a conversation between
the user
and wingo (1 of the 3 guile maintainers) on what he/she considers 'the last
problem
to solve' ...

Cheers,
David