Re: init.ly, what does it do?

From: Br. Samuel Springuel
Subject: Re: init.ly, what does it do?
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 17:38:00 -0500

On 2017-01-08 4:43 PM, Br. Samuel Springuel wrote:
Another option might be using the -e option to initialise a Scheme
variable, which then triggers a switch inside your .ly file.

This sounds like it might be more promising, at least for the scores I
write myself.  When borrowing source from other people, however, the
appropriate Scheme variables won't be there.  I was hoping for something
that was a little more "plug-n-play" and thought the `--init` option
might allow me to drop in borrowed material without having to modify it.

As I think some more about it, this may be more possible than I thought. It looks like everything in lilypond-book-preamble.ly is a scheme expression (except for the `\version` statement) as is `#(set-global-staff-size 11)`. That covers most of what I need to change (so far at least) on a project by project basis. The only other thing is a `\paper` block (it's setting line-width and indent). Is there a way to set a top level `\paper` block entirely within Scheme?

--
Br. Samuel, OSB

PAX ☧ ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ