Re: Problem with Null Voice changing length of stems on beamed notes

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Problem with Null Voice changing length of stems on beamed notes
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:01:20 +0100

Hi palartu,
> When using *NullVoice* in Staff context, it changes *length of stems on
> beamed notes*. Try to compile this example and see an output. When you
> *comment* line with Null Voice, *length of stems changes*. It depends on the
> *position of the notes in staff*. Sometimes, stems are shorter, and
> sometimes, longer.
>
> ****************************
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> aligner = { c'8 b16 c'16~ c'4 fis'2 }
> alt = { a8 g16 a16~ a4 a2 }
> sopran = { c'8 b16 c'16~ c'4 fis'2 }
>
> \score {
>   \new Staff <<
>     \partcombine \sopran \alt
>     \new NullVoice = "null" \aligner
>   >>
> }
> *********************************

I tried this on 2.19.54 and there is no difference. Maybe you experience
a bug that's fixed?!

> Moreover, if you try to replace *part combine* line with
>
> ***************
> \new Voice { \sopran }
> **************
>
> the behaviour is the same.

Not sure I uderstand that correctly but again on 2.19.54 I've seen no
difference.

> Please, tell me that I can have consistent behaviour for this problem within
> Lilypond.

You can have consistent behaviour for this problem within Lilypond.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden