How to adjust space between ChordNames and Staff?

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: How to adjust space between ChordNames and Staff?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 22:13:17 +0200

Hi all,

The spacing between ChordNames and Staff seems a bit tight by default. I've been trying to adjust it but I haven't figured out the right magic words yet. The IR says *) that there should be
nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing.padding and
nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding
available and I have tried those + some more (see the example below). However, there's no change in the spacing.

Am I missing something obious?

BR,
Risto

*) http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/chordnames

---

\version "2.19.49"

chordStuff = \chords { c1 d:m }

melody = \relative c'' { c4 c c c | d d d d }

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #10
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-nonstaff-spacing.padding = #10
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.padding = #10
    } { \chordStuff }
    \new Staff { \melody }

  \layout { }