Re: Triplets

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Triplets
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 00:23:43 +0100

> On 14 Jan 2017, at 23:42, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 14.01.2017 23:34, Hans Aikema wrote:
>>> Can you try replacing
>>> UP in that line by 1
>>> and DOWN in that line by -1
>>> apparently the version of Lilypond in use does not yet have these constants
>>> defined (values taken from
>>> internalsreference:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/internals/tupletbracket)
>
> That’s what I suspected – but if I’m looking in the right place, then they
> were defined back then:
> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob;f=scm/lily-library.scm;h=0e2c810da912504b32010ab56219732712c2cf5b;hb=refs/heads/stable/2.14>
>
>> Better yet… as you mentioned 2.14
>>
>> try #UP and #DOWN instead
>
> That doesn’t make sense, in that case we are in Scheme mode anyway, so there
> is no need for a hash sign.
> Still, Martin, just use the numerical values instead.
>
> HTH, Simon

I was unsure on that one, as I know that all kinds of syntax constructs changed
over the years. Thanks for dropping in and correcting me on that.

In any case the Lilypond version in use on the website is definitely not a
stock 2.14 if the original \tuplet code ran fine and Richard’s snippet gave
only the UP trouble mentioned...

I trialled a bit with versions to try and get to the same error and had to go
to 2.17.6 before

error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting SCM_FUNCTION or SCM_IDENTIFIER
or SCM_TOKEN
 \override TupletBracket.stencil
                                 = #ly:slur::printVia trial-and-error I found
out that the version o

would disappear and even to 2.17.11 to get

error: unknown escaped string: `\tuplet'
                         \tuplet 3/2 { c''4 d'' e'’ }

to disappear. So lets hope that using the literals works… signing off for a
night of sleep now