Re: Frescobaldi segfault with PyQt4-

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi segfault with PyQt4-
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:16:51 +0100

Hi Wilbert,

python-poppler-qt4 no longer compiles on my system (I suspect due to incompatibility with recent ABI changes in sip, but I'm just speculating), so I'm trying to install frescobaldi and python-poppler-qt5 from your git repository. I'm encountering an error with python-poppler-qt5, in that it doesn't seem able to recognize my compiler's C++11 support: see the comment I just posted at https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/838.

frescobaldi itself starts fine, so at least I can do some basic editing work in the meantime.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Wilbert Berendsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Op Wed, 11 Jan 2017 22:36:06 +0100
"N. Andrew Walsh" <address@hidden> schreef:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm wondering if anybody is having recent issues with Frescobaldi. I
> run a rolling-release distro (gentoo), so I install/update packages
> on an ongoing basis. In this case, the only package in frescobaldi's
> dependency tree that's been updated since mid-December is PyQt4,
> which just saw the final release of 4.12 this last week.
>
> Now, Frescobaldi segfaults on startup, with no error message.
>
> Can anybody else on the list report similar or differing experiences?
> Anybody else having issues?

Probably a rebuild of python-poppler-qt4 is needed. Also, be sure to
remove older installations of python-poppler-qt4 which could reside in
a different location.

--
Wilbert Berendsen, musician
‣ mail: address@hidden