Re: addFingering

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: addFingering
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 00:49:10 +0100

David Wright wrote:
But your response here addresses a second point, the
interpretation of \repeat unfold. Looking at my attached
example, it seems to me that you want "\repeat unfold 2 { foo }"
to behave like "foo foo" (B and C).

Yes, that's exact!

But, if that's what you want,
why not write "foo foo"? "foo foo" duplicates the notes in the
source, but it isn't a textual repeat in the LP sense (like
FR, A, D and E).

And if you want to automate it for n≫2, find/write a function
to do it.

I used \repeat unfold because I though "\repeat unfold" was done exactly for that.

I think one source of confusion might be that it's easy to use
\repeat unfold as a shorthand for what you want here, and it does
work that way at one level. However, it's really something different.
Look at the parallels between FR&A, and D&E.

People get hoisted on a vaguely similar petard when they think
that R1 * 5 is five whole-note-rests when it's more accurate
to say it's one five-whole-note-duration-rest that usually gets
set as five whole-note-rests.

In my opinion what you say makes sense for \repeat percent and \repeat volta but I continue to consider strange how does it work \repeat unfold. But I think I understand your point.

Anyway I tried to use the nCopy function Nalesnik and Thibault wrote me. They work perfectly. I will use them copiously :)

Really thank you for your explication, I sincerely appreciated it.
g.