Re: \footnote does nothing? :(

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: \footnote does nothing? :(
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 08:16:46 -0700 (MST)

Ian Ring wrote
> I've inserted a \footnote into my score, but it doesn't do anything. Just
> wondering where I might look for problems. I'm fairly new to Lilypond.

Hello Ian,

Welcome to LilyPond!

What version are you using? Sometimes, certain commands may have changed
between versions, but this is not always the case.

For example, if you are using 2.18, this page could help you:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/creating-footnotes

Perhaps there is a small oversight in your code that is preventing a
footnote to appear.

Since you are new to LilyPond, some of the powerful features in the program
may appear - at first - to be overwhelming, but have no fear: the
documentation is /extremely/ well-written and overall very comprehensive
with many easy to follow examples.

If you prefer video tutorials instead, I have an ongoing series for
beginners that you may find useful as well. The link is here if you're
interested:
http://bit.ly/LearnLilyPond

Finally, if you have any questions while you're using LilyPond, you'll find
that the mailing list here is full of people who are willing to help fellow
users...so please don't hesitate to ask for help! :)

Welcome to LilyPond!

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond