Re: overextended volta alternatives

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: overextended volta alternatives
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:55:42 -0700 (MST)

Andrew,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:48 AM, N. Andrew Walsh [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Simon Albrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 25.01.2017 18:33, N. Andrew Walsh wrote:
the \break statements within an \alternative block are causing the counter to register another ending, for some reason.

let me clarify: the \break statements were *in between* the three enclosed music statements that comprised the \alternative block. So it might have been that Lily assumed them to be independent statements. I suppose I could have put them inside the brackets, but as I'm fine with Lily's default layout, I'll leave them out.

Glad you got it sorted out. Did you try putting the \breaks *within* the first two music expressions? In other words:

\repeat volta 3 {
\alternative {
  { ... \break }
  { ... \break }