Re: overextended volta alternatives

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: overextended volta alternatives
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 19:01:10 +0100

On 25.01.2017 18:46, N. Andrew Walsh wrote:
Well,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    On 25.01.2017 18:33, N. Andrew Walsh wrote:

        the \break statements within an \alternative block are causing
        the counter to register another ending, for some reason.

let me clarify: the \break statements were *in between* the three enclosed music statements that comprised the \alternative block. So it might have been that Lily assumed them to be independent statements. I suppose I could have put them inside the brackets, […]

Well, that explains it. You have to put them inside one of the alternatives, or it will count as an alternative of its own – a \break is a music expression.

Best, Simon