Re: Is this MIDI file correct?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Is this MIDI file correct?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 19:42:33 +0100

On 2017-01-28 11:04, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Hello everybody,

I’m having some trouble with MIDI right now and would like to
verify
if the problem lies with playback. Could someone tell me whether
the
attached MIDI file has any issues?
On Windows 10 and Windows Media Player I can hear a Piano playing.
So no Issues, unless there should be more voices...

// Anders
And on Ubuntu 16.04, using Timidity, I have a single line Yamaha Grand
melody, lasting for 3 minutes and 42 seconds.

Then the problem lies with my setup of Timidity and Frescobaldi. I run
timidity -iA
in a terminal, then in Frescobaldi open Edit/Preferences/Midi Preferences, refresh ports, choose one of the 4 Timidity ports, but it doesn’t work…

Best, Simon