Re: accidentalStyle

From: Benjamin Bloomfield
Subject: Re: accidentalStyle
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 13:25:29 -0500

OK, thanks.  Can you think of any way of automatically setting the measures based on the lyrics?  How difficult would this be?

Thanks again,

Benjamin Bloomfield

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02.02.2017 18:59, Benjamin Bloomfield wrote:
Is there any way to set automatic accidentals to be remembered until the end of the current word (in the same way that the default is to remember them until the end of the current measure)?  This is the custom in Gregorian chant written on a four line staff, and I'd like to be able to do it this way for Gregorian melodies written in modern notation as well.

Technically, it’s not impossible, I guess – almost everything is possible in LilyPond :-) –, but it would be very complicated, since it would involve a custom engraver.
So your best bet is to actually use bars and hide the bar lines (and time signatures).

HTH, Simon