Re: set command / position of the chord symbol in relation to the first

From: Dr. Raphael D. Thöne
Subject: Re: set command / position of the chord symbol in relation to the first staff
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 08:01:14 +0100

Hi Simon,

thank you very much for the link and the hint.

My problem is that I get it working in Frescobaldi (i.e. lilypond).
But when I use the layout environment inside a LaTeX-document and compile it via lilypondbook, lilypondbook seemingly doesn’t catch the \layout block.
The same happened to the case of system-spacing-topic and the \paper block, I had to include the following line inside the preamble:

\newcommand{\betweenLilyPondSystem}[1]{\vspace{20mm}\linebreak}
(I found this hint at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/invoking-lilypond_002dbook.html)

I am wondering whether one can modify your override-statement into a statement that only applies to a particular chord block.
  \chords {
 \set majorSevenSymbol = \markup { maj7 }

  c1:maj7 bes2:maj7 a:7.9.13 d:min9 g:9.5+ c1:maj7.9
f2:maj7 g:/f c:min/es d:7.9 as:maj7 bes:maj7 c1:6.9

I hope my newbie-question doesn’t bother anybody here on the lilypond forum!

Thanks,
Raphael.