Re: Multiple markings

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Multiple markings
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:13:47 -0500

Hi David,

> The fact that these workarounds exist prompts the question:
> if the problem can be worked around, why must we continue
> to have a problem to work around?

If the problem that humans can’t fly unassisted can be worked around [by way of
aircraft], why must we continue to have the problem that humans can’t fly
unassisted?  ;)

More seriously:

1. Even just adequately defining the problem-space is non-trivial. Feel free to
shepherd a thread where we do that — I would be happy to contribute!

2. Once the problem-space is adequately defined, someone needs to code the
changes necessary to make Lilypond “Do The Right Thing™”. This is non-trivial
in general, and may be even less trivial in this specific case.

But, as is often stated on this list: patch submissions are always welcome!

Best regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info