Re: hide staff.BarLine fails

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: hide staff.BarLine fails
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 08:01:34 -0700 (MST)

arlin wrote
> I am trying to produce a score with barlines between the staves.  The
> manual provides this snip, but I get an "unknown escaped string: '\hide'"
> when I compile it.  Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> global = {
>   \hide Staff.BarLine
>   s1 s
>   % the final bar line is not interrupted
>   \undo \hide Staff.BarLine
>   \bar "|."
> }
> \new StaffGroup \relative c'' {
>   <<
>     \new Staff { << \global { c1 c } >> }
>     \new Staff { << \global { c c } >> }
>   >>
> }

Hello Arlin,

A few things. First, remember that \hide makes objects transparent, would
you perhaps want \omit instead?

Also, remember too that contexts are important to consider.

i.e.

\override BarLine #'stencil = ##f

So,

1) Do you want to remove certain barlines or
2) Do you want to remove all barlines?

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond