Re: New LilyPond website

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 14:32:18 -0800

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 05:34:38PM -0500, John Roper wrote:
>    Sadly the community does not want JavaScript to be used because
>    most of the users don't like using it. I had that idea already but
>    did not bring it up. I would love to though.
>
>    On Feb 9, 2017 5:12 PM, "Bernardo Barros" <address@hidden>
>    wrote:
>
>      [2]lilybin.com could be included into the official website as
>      part of its new design. Something like "Try it - Type Haskell
>      expressions in here" in Haskell website
>      [3]https://www.haskell.org/
[...]

I don't speak for anyone else, but I'm perfectly OK with using
Javascript -- as long as it's not *required* for the website to be
usable at all.  I think it totally makes sense for adding a "try it out
yourself" link to lilybin.com -- it's an optional extra that I think
adds a lot of value.

Heuristics are bug-ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs, they'd be
algorithms.