Re: 48 and 72 ET

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: 48 and 72 ET
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 00:34:54 +0100

Am 10.02.2017 um 00:22 schrieb Hans Åberg:
So is there any reason people don't use convert-ly when upgrading to a
newer version?
For libraries, you would want to keep track of the changes, but running convert-ly and do a diff is a good suggestion. Though doing it by hand was quicker, as I remembered the issue and which files needed to be fixed.

In general, though, perhaps people maybe do not think or know about it, so the process might be automated.

When maintaining libraries one should want to make them compatible with multiple LilyPond versions, IMO at least with the current stable and devel version, but depending on the use case and target audience one might even support the previous stable release.
In order to be able to do that in openLilyLib I created the version comparison operators/predicates (https://github.com/openlilylib/oll-core/blob/master/internal/lilypond-version-predicates.scm) which make it easy to write switches based on the currently run LilyPond version.

I intend to create a patch to include this functionality into LilyPond, but so far I'm not really sure *where* these functions should be defined and where they could adequately be documented.

Urs
https://openlilylib.org
http://lilypondblog.org