Re: New LilyPond website

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: New LilyPond website
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 01:51:38 +0100

> Ok, I changed the image to something that made more sense. What do you
> guys think about everything else?

I've looked at it with current versions of Firefox and Vivaldi:
On Firefox without allowing scripts all the boxes "Download 2.18.2",
"Release Notes" at the top are partly overlapping and can't be read
properly. The boxes at the bottom and too large but at least can be seen
in total. After enabling scripts this problem vanishes.

In Vivaldi I don't see the background image at the top of the page at all.

On the upside:
It looks shiny and more "modern" (whatever I may think about this in a
year or two). The downside is, it takes about twice as much vertical
space as the current original page which means I need to scroll alot.

Last not least I also prefer serif fonts and consider them easier to
read (yes, I've seen the argument about sans serif being easier to read
on low resolution devices - doesn't apply for most modern devices)

--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden