Double time signature when there are grace notes

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Double time signature when there are grace notes
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 23:23:38 +0100

Dear all,

I need help with the following situation:

\version "2.19.54"

<<
{
  c'1
  \break
  \time 15/16
  \grace a'16 b'2...
}

{
  R1
  \break
  \time 15/16
  c'2...
}

This results in the attached output.  Is that a bug or is this supposed to be
encoded differently?  There are dirty workarounds:

* I can fix it by removing the \time from the bottom staff.
* I can add a "grace space" to the bottom staff[1]

Both solutions have the following disadvantages I want to avoid:

* The staffs won't work standalone (missing time signature or broken spacing).
* I have to analyze all other staffs when writing out one staff.

I'm looking for a reliable solution that works well for auto-generating
Lilypond code.

Highly appreciating any help on this,
Thomas Weber

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-08/msg00258.html