Re: ghostscript fails on pdf generation

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: ghostscript fails on pdf generation
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 08:16:46 -0600

On Sun 12 Feb 2017 at 09:15:49 (+0100), N. Andrew Walsh wrote:
> > Does this error appear when you run lilypond from the command line or only
> > when you run it from Frescobaldi?
> This error occurs from the command line as well. It also failed to find the
> openlilylib installation, but that's just because I don't know how to add a
> search path from the command line. Regardless, I should also mention that I
> was able to compile the same file earlier (back in January), and hadn't
> done anything with Frescobaldi or Lily between then and now (well, except
> now I've upgraded Lily in an effort to fix the issue).
>
> David: how do you "avoid using the wrapper script"? And how do you work
> around this issue?

The first example on:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-06/msg00123.html

$ ~/lilypond-2.19.42.1/bin/lilypond e.ly

runs this (now newer) script:

#!/bin/sh
me=`basename $0`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/david/lilypond-2.19.49-1/lilypond/usr/lib"
exec "/home/david/lilypond-2.19.49-1/lilypond/usr/bin/$me" "$@"

whereas the second one runs what is in the exec line above, ie

/home/david/lilypond-2.19.49-1/lilypond/usr/bin/$me

which was

$ ~/lilypond-2.19.42.1/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond e.ly

which was the 5MB binary downloaded.

The Debian version of LP installed on this machine is at least as
old as 2.18.2.

Cheers,
David.