Flat slurs

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Flat slurs
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 12:25:09 +0100

Hi all,

today I stumbled over some code in LilyPond's code base that creates a
bezier sandwich in Scheme. From this I was able to create a function
that creates opening and closing half sandwiches and connect them with
straight line beziers.

With this function (in notation-snippets/shaping-bezier-curves in
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets) it is now possible to draw real
flat slurs (see attachment). When I initially worked on multi-segment
slurs they suffered from being thinned out at each inflection point.

There will be some room for improvements and syntactic sugar (e.g. to
simplify flat slurs or easily produce symmetric ones), but I'm already
extremely happy with this?

Best
Urs

https://openlilylib.org