Re: A staff change and phrasing slur problem

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: Re: A staff change and phrasing slur problem
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 22:51:53 +0100

Hi Urs,
Thanks for your explanation and advice (and my apologies for my late reaction.
Some urgent matter temporarily took me off my engraving activity.)
So I still have to try out your suggestion.

I am still puzzled though, for while I can understand that different voices
cannot be connected by spanners etc., in most instances up till now, with
identical coding (as far as I could see) the problem did not arise.
I am also a bit puzzled about what  you write near the end of your mail:
"Actually I would really not create temporary polyphony for each measure as
this makes things *very* complicated."
Not for each measure. But only for some measures? Or is there an alternative
that you would use?

I'll first experiment a bit with your remedy.

Thanks again.

Bewst regards,
Robert