Re: Lilypond hogging a processor and slowing down

From: Anders Eriksson
Subject: Re: Lilypond hogging a processor and slowing down
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 15:55:33 +0100

One thing that can take a lot of time is building Font database.

There seems to be a "bug" in Lilypond on Windows so that the font database is created every time!

A workaround is to delete the directory

%homepath%\ .lilypond-fonts.cache-2

The first time you Engrave it create the font database, but the next time it's already done...

NB! If you're using multiple versions of Lilypond you need to do this every time you change version:

// Anders