Re: 5 quaters per 4/4 measure

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: 5 quaters per 4/4 measure
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 16:39:54 +0100

On 16.02.2017 15:25, Menu Jacques wrote:
The Binchois.xml example by Recordare has 5 quater notes in a 4/4 measure (stemless by the way).

Is this a « bug » in this MusicXML file, and if not, is there a way to produce that with LP? I know I can use a hidden 5/4 time signature while diplaying a 4/4 one, but that’s not that satisfying…

Or maybe the absence of stems is the key to that? But I found nothing in the LP docs.

You can see below how Finale 2014 handles that.

From the image it’s totally obvious that the mistake is writing 4/4 in the first place. I guess it just sneaked in there being the default, but actually this ‘Magnificat’ is chant and should not have any time signature.

Best, Simon