Re: Frenched staves

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Frenched staves
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 10:08:56 -0700

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

what would be the "usual suspects" to look into when seemingly empty
staves just don't disappear with \RemoveEmptyStaves

?

As this is most surely some issue with my set-up I can't come up with a
minimal example, but the score looks like this:

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "up" <<
      \structure
      \v.1
      \v.2

    \dyn.1
    \new Staff = "mid" <<
      \structure
      \v.3
      \v.4

    \dyn.2
    \new Staff = "lo" <<
      \structure
      \v.5

}

with

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \numericTimeSignature
    \RemoveEmptyStaves

\structure can't be the culprit (I suspected I had some hidden content
in there) because I can simply comment that out with the empty staff
still not disappearing.

The real culprit is that PianoStaff keeps all its Staff contexts alive unless they are ALL empty for the entire system. Look at the PianoStaff's context definition for the relevant keepAliveInterface data and that should lead you to the solution.

HTH,
Abraham