Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi 3.0.0, python-ly 0.9.5

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi 3.0.0, python-ly 0.9.5
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 08:24:40 -0700 (MST)

Wilbert Berendsen-2 wrote
> Dear friends,
>
> I just released the source packages for Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi
> 3.0.0 and python-ly 0.9.5 today. (I couldn't way until my birthday early
> March :-))
>
> Frescobaldi 3.0.0 is feature-wise the same, but requires Python3 and
> Qt5. Frescobaldi 3.x is the branch (master) where new development will be
> done.
>
> Wilbert
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ly
> https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/releases
>

> --
> Wilbert Berendsen (www.wilbertberendsen.nl)

Wilbert,

Thank you for this release! I'm using v2.20 now and it's working
beautifully.

However, I've been unable to run Frescobaldi 3 on my Linux Mint laptop, I
keep getting errors. I've already installed (what I think is) all the
dependencies, but still it complains no Qt5 installed and something about
not having sipdistutils...

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond