Stopping Lyrics VerticalAxisGroup affecting later Lyric lines after it h

From: Arttu Punkkinen
Subject: Stopping Lyrics VerticalAxisGroup affecting later Lyric lines after it has no events
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 01:47:49 +0200

Hi!

Does anyone know a way to have a discontinuity in middle of a system so that lyrics that are defined before that point do not affect vertical spacing of lyrics after that point?
Or perhaps just have so that VerticalAxisGroup "extends" only up to last symbol of that Lyric context?

I found a snippet of setting VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-nonstaff-distance.minimum-distance = ##f, which kind of works, but messes line separation if multiple lyric lines are used (as the separation needs to be defined through padding, which is not really not that good for lyrics).
It also needs some careful lyric ordering to work even to some extent.

Your help would be truly appreciated!

Something like this, the 3 lines should not effect the later 2 lines directly (no vertical aligning between different Lyrics)

\version "2.19.0"
\language "english"

lyra = \lyricmode {aj ak ad a }

\score {
 <<
   \relative c' {
     \new Voice = "v1" {
     g4 g g g
     }
     % Lyrics attached to "v1" should not affect placement of "v2"'s lyrics.
     \new Voice = "v2" {
     g g g g
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "v1" \lyra
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "v2" \lyra
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "v1" \lyra
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "v2" \lyra
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "v1" \lyra
   \relative c' {e4 e e e e e e e}

}

(This whole thing is because I'm trying to replicate a mess of music, which pretty much demands these kind of crazy solutions...)