Re: Bar counts and repeats in repetitive music

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Re: Bar counts and repeats in repetitive music
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 17:14:25 +0000

David, Jeffery,

Thanks again. But there's a slight problem: I didn't mention that I'm a pianist, so have 2 separate staves with the same repeat pattern. The snippet below shows some very interesting results, not least at the bar number check.

\score {
 \new PianoStaff {
    \set Score.currentBarNumber=13
   <<
     \new Staff {
       \tempo 4 = 108
       \clef "bass"
       \time 4/4
       \key f \minor
       \repeatSect 4 {\rhPatternA } |
       \repeatSect  16 { \rhPatternA }
       \repeatSect  4 {\rhPatternB }
       \repeatSect 2 {\rhPatternA }
       R1
       \repeatSect 16 { \rhPatternA }
       \barNumberCheck 56
       \repeatSect 5 { \rhPatternB }
       \relative { c16 c bf c r4 r2 }
       \repeatSect 2 { \rhPatternB }
       \repeatSect 2 { \rhPatternA }
       R1
       \bar "||"
     }

     \new Staff {
       \clef "bass"
       \time 4/4
       \key f \minor
       \ottava #-1
       \repeatSect 4 {\lhPatternA } |
       \repeatSect  16 { \lhPatternA }
       \repeatSect 4 {\lhPatternB }
       \repeatSect 2 {\lhPatternA }
       R1
       \repeatSect 16 { \lhPatternA }
       \repeatSect 5 { \lhPatternB }
       \relative { c,16 c bf c r4 r2 }
       \repeatSect 2 { \lhPatternB }
       \repeatSect 2 { \lhPatternA }
       R1

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:address@hidden
www.ptoye.com

-------------------------

address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 1:22 PM, Peter Toye <
address@hidden> wrote:
>>> David,

>>> That looks fantastic. Thanks ever so much. Haven’t had time to try it out in
>>> anger yet

>>> Best regards,

>>> Peter
>>> mailto:address@hidden