Re: extenders over bar lines in 2.19.55 [was: Automatic Lyric Extenders]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: extenders over bar lines in 2.19.55 [was: Automatic Lyric Extenders]
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 15:58:12 +0100

Michael Gerdau <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 18.02.2017 um 21:15 schrieb Alexander Kobel:
>> [Bug report summary:]
>>
>> Extenders are not drawn anymore for melismata that include notes that
>> are not bar-aligned, starting somewhere between 2.19.50 and 2.19.55.
>> M(N)WE attached - the first and second score should have extenders until
>> the last note.
>
> I've tried this on 2.19.50 - 2.19.55 and it seems as if it used to work
> until 2.19.54, i.e. apparently it is a 2.19.55 regression (which kind of
> explains why I had not seen this problem before :) )
>
> The first example has an extender only because the default minimum
> length is 1.5. if that is reduced to 0 that extender vanishes altogether
> in 2.19.55.

This is a consequence of

commit 6c6d1f6ac9e6a7a9aba760dcbb41b4fbbc8f0536
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Feb 4 14:43:47 2017 +0100

    Issue 5053/2: Fix extendersOverRests property

    This previously behaved as always-on.

This program part now works as intended.  Unfortunately,
extendersOverRests appears to be a misnomed property, so the resulting
effective change from extendersOverRest being interpreted as ##t
regardless of its setting to having it default to ##f affects more than
extenders over rests.

Maybe one should let the setting default to ##t for now and try matching
its documentation to its behavior before changing the default back to
##f.

--
David Kastrup