Re: Melisma with manual syllable durations

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Melisma with manual syllable durations
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 15:09:07 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Sumbler" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2017 2:49 PM
Subject: Melisma with manual syllable durations

In 2 of the set of 6 songs I have (rather slowly) been setting, I want
2 sets of words: the original, and an English version. In each of the
other 4 songs there is just one set of words.

After much experimentation and a lot of failures, I found a way of
doing what I wanted, which is to use manual durations. This may very
well not be the best nor the simplest way of doing it, but it is the
only way I found that works.

Have you tried using skip lyrics rather than explicit durations - using \skip1 or _ for example?

--
Phil Holmes