Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?

From: kmg
Subject: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:40:46 +0100

Hey,

As I'm recently starting to type more and more in Lily and browsing some scores on Mutopia Project to see how others are doing it, I wonder how you - proffessionals - are approaching it? Does it depends on the type of the score?

I started to like \pararellmusic, because you can go one measure at a time, instead of of putting bunch of voices and going back and forth. On the other hand, it seems like it's limited and you have to restate your note lengths every time, also some nested slurs can be a problem sometimes. But it seems like the most clean approach for typesetting something like baroque sonata for the piano..

I did the same with the score where right hand had only once voice most of the time, still I'm yet to see someone else using it - seems like many people just use /new Voice and write them separately.

Last thing - I saw some putting barchecks in the beginning of the line (including the very first bar). Are you doing it like that too? Maybe someone could share a snippet from some good quality and complex piano score? Honestly, almost every score I saw on Mutopia Project unfortunately doesn't look too great, but maybe I'm tripping. Anyway, I'd like to see how people with deadlines and efficient workflow are managing this - assuming this is even a thing with LilyPond...

Thanks in advance guys.

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski