Re: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:18:31 +0100

Il giorno mar 21 feb 2017 alle 10:40, kmg <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I started to like \pararellmusic, because you can go one measure at a time, instead of of putting bunch of voices and going back and forth. On the other hand, it seems like it's limited and you have to restate your note lengths every time, also some nested slurs can be a problem sometimes. But it seems like the most clean approach for typesetting something like baroque sonata for the piano..

Frescobaldi allows to split the editor pane vertically, so you can work on multiple voices (each in a different variable) without having to scroll up and down. This is what I use to do on 2 voices guitar pieces (what I usually typeset).

Last thing - I saw some putting barchecks in the beginning of the line (including the very first bar). Are you doing it like that too?

No, I don't.
In general I use one line per measure; each measure ends with a barcheck.
If the measure is long, I let Frescobaldi wrap lines (View>Wrap lines).
If the measure contains tweaks or overrides, I nest them using two spaces. Even though using Frescobaldi format tool makes this nesting disappear; so you have to be careful (and use version control like git). See these two discussions:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/573
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/437