Re: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:33:57 +0100

Am 21.02.2017 um 12:29 schrieb kmg:
Also, thanks Urs! For some reason I saw your response only when checking out the lists directly, it was not in my mailbox. Honestly I also like the idea of one voice at a time better, and Frescobaldi helps with seeing it consistently (as you guys pointed out). Before I saw only "|" at the beginning in some files, but your "| % bar " is so cool, I'll definitely try to use that (as the lines are sometimes so long you can't really find that mark easily).

You may have a look at this file: https://git.openlilylib.org/bfsc/kayser/blob/master/works/masses/six/kyrie/corno-one.ily

Here it is clearly not necessary to sort out complex input, but I still think it makes the file very clean as a whole.

Specifying durations every time is something I'll try out too, kinda got used to it by using parallel input anyway. Thanks again.

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski

Thanks! Actually somehow I never used screen splitting.. now trying it out, and it means you have basically \parallelmusic without drawbacks, that's really cool. Also with folding Frescobaldi provides, you can hide stuff you already completed. I guess you can even split to 4 when working on 4 voices and then use another Frescobaldi window just to see preview of the score. I'll try that approach next time.

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski