Re: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?

From: karl
Subject: Re: Your favourite/most efficient methods of inputting scores (piano)?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:50:22 +0100 (CET)

Krzysztof Gutowski:
> As I'm recently starting to type more and more in Lily and browsing some
> scores on Mutopia Project to see how others are doing it, I wonder how you
> - proffessionals - are approaching it? Does it depends on the type of the
> score?
> I started to like \pararellmusic, [...]

I use emacs as the editor.

I always use voices put into variable (unless for testing short stuff).
Since I do mostly set choral works done by someone else, voices is a
natural way to express the music.

Also many works I typeset are in more than one parts, so I use latex to
make a booklet of the music together with some text. That also allows me
to include music from differen works in the same booklet.

> Last thing - I saw some putting barchecks in the beginning of the line

I always put in barchecks. I have a simplicit program [1], that puts the
bar number after the bar check symbol. Also I write in all barnumbers
in the music (on paper) I'm transcribing. That makes it easy to find
possible errors and correlate to the original.

///

You can find examples of what I do at [2].

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

[1] http://aspodata.se/git/musik/bin/addnum.pl
[2] http://aspodata.se/git/musik/