Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi 3.0.0, python-ly 0.9.5

From: Jinsong Zhao
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi 3.0.0, python-ly 0.9.5
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 09:24:04 +0800

On 2017/2/17 17:58, Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Dear friends,

I just released the source packages for Frescobaldi 2.20.0, Frescobaldi
3.0.0 and python-ly 0.9.5 today. (I couldn't way until my birthday early
March :-))

Frescobaldi 2.20.0 provides a new Manuscript viewer, contributed by
Urs Liska and Peter Bjuhr, some smaller features, improvements, updated
translations and bug fixes.

Frescobaldi 3.0.0 is feature-wise the same, but requires Python3 and
Qt5. Qt5 has support for Retina displays and gestures, and Frescobaldi
3.0.0 already uses them, which should provide a better Music View image
quality. Thanks to David Rydh for implementing this!

Frescobaldi 3.x is the branch (master) where new development will be
done.

Development of Frescobaldi 2.x (branch v2.x) concentrates on bugfixing
and backporting important features that can be backported from the 3.x
branch, supporting older platforms that do not provide Python3 or Qt5.

Python-ly 0.9.5 has seen some bug fixes and improvements, and is
recommend to use, although Frescobaldi works well with 0.9.4.

Thanks go to all the translators and contributors!
Enjoy!

Wilbert

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ly
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/releases

Thanks for the great software. I am just wondering whether the 3.0 release has a binary package (installer) for Windows 64bit, or not.

Best,
Jinsong