Reduce LilyPond installation disk size

From: Trevor
Subject: Reduce LilyPond installation disk size
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 10:31:23 +0000

To run LilyPond on AWS Lambda for LilyBin, I need to upload a zip file containing the LilyPond executable and assets, and it must be no larger than 50 MB. Recent versions of LilyPond unstable are about 52 MB zipped (zip -r9). Are there any large files in the installation directory I can delete without breaking anything? Or maybe I could compress executables better than zip does?

Here's the sorted output of du -ah: http://pastebin.com/HcMkg6f5. There are some added otf fonts, but removing them didn't change the size of resulting zip file.