Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.9beta - fast accurate Lilypond MIDI note entry fo

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.9beta - fast accurate Lilypond MIDI note entry for Linux
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 20:30:37 +0100

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 23:49:19 +1100, Vaughan McAlley
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I’m pleased to announce LilyQuick, a greatly improved descendant of
> Finale’s Speedy Note Entry.

Sounds very interesting...

It compiles and build flawlessly on Fedora 25, both with system lua and the
supplied lua.

After adjusting the LQconfig.lua it runs, starts qsynth and I can play and
hear notes from the MIDI keyboard. However, lq doesn't seem to handle
keypresses. Key F8 echoes as ^[[19~ instead of terminating (in combination
with a press of a key on the MIDI keyboard).

So I seem to be missing a setting or parameter.

FWIW: The MIDI keyboard is /dev/midi2, and doesn't have an entry
in /dev/input.

-- Johan