Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.9beta - fast accurate Lilypond MIDI note entry for

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.9beta - fast accurate Lilypond MIDI note entry for Linux
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 10:33:11 +1100

On 25 February 2017 at 06:30, Johan Vromans <address@hidden> wrote:
> It compiles and build flawlessly on Fedora 25, both with system lua and the
> supplied lua.

That's nice to know.

> After adjusting the LQconfig.lua it runs, starts qsynth and I can play and
> hear notes from the MIDI keyboard. However, lq doesn't seem to handle
> keypresses. Key F8 echoes as ^[[19~ instead of terminating (in combination
> with a press of a key on the MIDI keyboard).
>
> So I seem to be missing a setting or parameter.

Maybe your keyboard is interpreting F8 as something else rather than
the function key proper. On my system and keyboard, F2 is interpreted
as monitor brightness up whether I'm pressing the fn key or not (see
LilyQuick.c line 360). Try uncommenting line 341 of LilyQuick.c. When
you run it, keystrokes will print three numbers in the terminal. If
you press F8 and the third number isn't 66 (see
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/include/linux/input.h?v=2.6.38 ),
it's not coming through as F8. A hack would be to modify line 317 to:

myExitCode = xx;

with xx being whatever number F8 produces.

> FWIW: The MIDI keyboard is /dev/midi2, and doesn't have an entry
> in /dev/input.

Thanks, I'll put that in the documentation.

> -- Johan

Vaughan