Re: Png cropping

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: Png cropping
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 02:26:53 -0700 (MST)

Hi Renato, hi Andrew,

Andrew Bernard wrote
> why would you use backend = eps if you are generating a PNG file? I think
> you can omit that.

The auto-cropping features only work with the EPS backend which can also be
used to generate PNG or PDF output.
Making use of
    \include "lilypond-book-preamble.ly"
has the same effect.

Renato-23 wrote
> How can I produce a png with some nonzero margins? I've tried to add
> top-margin, bottom-margin, top-system-spacing, last-bottom-spacing,
> left-margin, right-margin, paper-width, but none of them seem to work

I'm afraid that it won't work out of the box. The cropping seems to take
place after the image is composed and doesn't care about margin or indent
settings.
My only idea would be to place invisible stuff around like,
    \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup \with-color #white "X"
but I don't think this will result in a usable workflow.

Maybe it's easier to add margins with an image editor that has automatic
batch processing like IrfanView.

Cheers,
Klaus