Re: Making the Dedication field align left

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Making the Dedication field align left
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 21:59:07 +0100

Am 25.02.2017 um 21:02 schrieb Chad Linsley:
Hi all,

I'm a Lilypond noob and am trying to customize the header. How do I override the "Dedication" so that it aligns left and not centre?

The way I understand it you want the dedication field placed on the left of the page, right? For that you need to change the paper variable bookTitleMarkup, which is explained on <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/custom-headers-footers-and-titles#custom-layout-for-title-blocks>. Unfortunately, I’m not at my machine and need to ask others to give more specific advice – unless you can figure it out on your own. Speaking of ‘figure it out on your own’ – it’s incredibly helpful to have read the entire Learning Manual carefully (unless you already have). Many questions will be answered there. For more information on the markup commands required for customising bookTitleMarkup see <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/formatting-text>.

HTH…
Simon