Re: Fermata above and below bar line generates warnings

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Fermata above and below bar line generates warnings
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 23:07:36 +0100

> The following code produces the correct output of fermatas above and below
> the bar line, but it also emits warnings.  Is there another way to do this
> without warnings, or can the warnings be suppressed?  I got this code from:
>
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=10
>
> \version "2.19.55"
>
> \score {
>   \new GrandStaff <<
>     \context Staff = one {
>       c'1 \bar "|."
>       \override Score.RehearsalMark.break-visibility =
> #begin-of-line-invisible
>       \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }
>     }
>     \context Staff = two \with { \consists "Mark_engraver" } {
>       c'1
>       \override Staff.RehearsalMark.direction = #DOWN
>       \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.dfermata" }
>     }
>   >>
> }
>
> ---
> Knute Snortum
> (via Gmail)

Hi,

the warning happens because two different RehearsalMarks are read by
the Mark_engraver in Score-context, one of them is dropped, again: in
Score-context!!
But the Mark_engraver is in the Staff-context of the lower Staff as
well. So this engraver prints the fermata below.

A naughty coding, not working around but using this behaviour would be:

\version "2.19.52"

\score {
  \new GrandStaff <<
    \context Staff = one {
      c'1 \bar "|."
    }
    \context Staff = two \with { \consists "Mark_engraver" } {
      c'1
      \override Score.RehearsalMark.break-visibility = #begin-of-line-invisible
      \override Staff.RehearsalMark.direction = #DOWN
      \override Staff.RehearsalMark.rotation = #'(180 0 0)
      \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }

  Harm