Re: 13th chord?

From: mskala
Subject: Re: 13th chord?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 06:24:01 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017, Thomas Morley wrote:
> If the chordNameFunction (ignatzek-chord-names) does not do what we
> want, we should improve it, but not drop a plethora of
> lily-functionality.

I'm not proposing to "drop a plethora of lily-functionality" but only to
provide something that will be useful in the very common case of people
wanting to print chord names and wanting the output to match the input.
The proposed new feature would not be a modification of chord mode nor of
ChordNames, but a third thing separate from either of those two.  I
imagine it would make sense for most of its code to derive from the code
currently used for lyrics, but that fact would preferably NOT be visible
to users.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.