Re: 13th chord?

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: Re: 13th chord?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 13:55:44 +0000

On 26/02/17 13:38, address@hidden wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017, Anthony Youngman wrote:
EXCEPT.

This is *exactly* the scenario in which you will want my chord transposition
code, and that doesn't make sense in a lyrics scenario.

Then they can use the existing code.

In which case, won't they get the existing problem? ie if they ask for "C13" they will get "C 9 13 (A 9 13)" ?

It's a long time ago, but as far as I remember my code simply takes the root of the chord, drops it by the capo setting, and then redoes the chord name to put it after the correct pitch chord name. So if the current code messes up, my capo code is going mess up, and mskala's lyrics-based code just won't work, without him putting in a load of extra stuff in to handle it.

Cheers,
Wol