Re: "Hide" the tagline

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: "Hide" the tagline
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:13:44 +0100

Am 27.02.2017 um 13:08 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> Am 27.02.2017 um 12:42 schrieb Urs Liska:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking for a way to "externally" hide the tagline, i.e. by either
>> making it transparent or colouring it white.
>>
>> The "problem" is that I don't want to do it in the tagline markup
>> definition itself but by injecting some code when invoking LilyPond. The
>> intention is to write a wrapper script that hides the tagline of an
>> arbitrary given score without affecting the layout.
>
> Maybe you can invoke something like
> #(define hide-tagline #t)
> through the -e command line option,
> write a markup command transparent-cond which applies the \transparent
> command to its argument depending on the value of ̀€hide-tagline'
> and use that to wrap the tagline markup in bookTitleMarkup.

I think that's too intrusive and imposes too many assumptions about the
input file. What I need is a solution to take an arbitrary input file
and compile it without a tagline.

It's ok to insert something in the input file but it should be, well,
non-intrusive.

Urs

https://openlilylib.org
http://lilypondblog.org