Re: "Hide" the tagline

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: "Hide" the tagline
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:32:06 -0700 (MST)

Hi Urs,

Urs Liska wrote
> Additionally it's
> equivalent to \omit and not to \hide (so it may change the layout if
> someone creates a tagline with some vertical extent.

I once read that you are used to work with include files.
How about that: Put only the color definition into a separate include file:

% ---------------------- color.ily ----------------------------
tagline-color = #blue  % or whatever color
% -------------------------------------------------------------

% ====================== main document ========================
\include "color.ily"
\header {
  tagline = \markup \with-color \tagline-color "Here is the tagline -
visible or not"
}
{c'}

Does that work?